CTB is creating a managed network services business providing:
- carriers with cost effective network offload solutions,
- programmers, content owners and aggregators with direct network access to end users,
- and outsourced network option for broadcasters facing FCC spectrum repack/reallocation decisions.
CTB can also provide “White-label” fixed and mobile broadcast-broadband internet access offerings to existing firms looking for a cost effective way to expand their service offerings and improve customer retention.
Why the CTB Solution is Necessary
- The mobile Internet is choking from insufficient bandwidth.
- An alternative to 3G and 4G unicast networks is needed because they will not scale.
- Demand for mobile broadcast-broadband is increasing exponentially.
- Nielsen expects smartphone penetration to exceed 50% by the end of 2011.
- Today, there is NO ability to broadcast Internet content.
Why CTB is Uniquely Positioned
- CTB addresses customer pain: Unicast 3G and 4G carrier networks are suffering from insufficient bandwidth and are unable to satisfy projected demand.
- Broad potential customer base: Wireless carriers, broadcasters, content owners/aggregators, CDNs, and other network operators.
- Unique, hybrid network architecture: Broadcast and 2–way unicast capability.
- Substantial barriers to entry: Spectrum depth and proprietary, patent pending technology enables multi-frequency/channel aggregation and reuse.
- Strong management team: Experienced and well connected within the broadcast and wireless communications industries.
- Spectrum holdings: Growing footprint and pipeline, several channels deep per market, provide a valuable, defensible asset base.
- Regulatory and public policy alignment: CTB’s plan is consistent with the FCCs National Broadband Plan.